If we had to ask you, what kind of jars do you use to store your grocery items in the kitchen, what will your answer be? Is it plastics? It’s alright if you are hesitant to respond because we have got some interesting information for you. Ever heard of glass canisters? If not, brace yourself since this is what we will talk about here. We will make sure that you pick the best glass jars in the market. So, without further wasting your time, let’s get on it.
We will begin with the question of ‘what’, ‘how’, and then ‘why’ to leave you with zero room for doubts.
What is a glass canister?
A canister is a cylindrical-shaped jar that is used for different purposes. Many used them to store pulses and grains, some use them to make candles, some to store beads, some as a replacement for pen stands, and whatnot. No matter what the purpose, glass canisters are a popular choice today. It comes as an individual item and also in sets.
How is it made?
As the name speaks for itself, it is commonly made from glass especially ‘container glass’. This type of glass is mostly manufactured from soda lime which is produced by the process of blowing and pressing methods. These are durable and will last for generations.
Why opt for glass jars?
You are well aware of how plastics are harmful to both our health and the environment. So, switching to glass food storage containers is a sensible choice that you can make. If you are not convinced yet, here are a few clarifications for you.
- Glass is a more sustainable option. You can easily wash, clean, and disinfect glass containers.
- Glass containers are more durable. If sealed properly, the taste and essence of food can be stored for a longer period.
- Canisters made from glass can also be turned into décor items. You use it along with fairy lights to level up your house’s appeal.
- They can be recycled, reused, and reduced. Indeed, plastics can also undergo a similar process, however, the number is quite low in comparison to glass.
- Glass containers do not contain harmful chemicals while plastics are said to have particles that are harmful to the human body.
- Glass jars make good gifts for your loved ones. You can pack them with chocolates or sweets for the festivities and birthdays.
- Storing cooked food is easy. The warm freshly cooked meal can be put in the container without the wait for it to cool down.
- Glass containers are transparent and it will save you the time of labeling or opening every jar to check what’s inside.