Kitchen utensils have been forged with various materials since human evolution. It started with utensils formed of stone and wood during the Stone Age. Around 3600 BCE, humans began using Bronze instead of wood and stone for making utensils.
During the 8th century, more utensils in different metals such as copper were introduced. By the beginning of the 20th-century, kitchen utensils were commonly made of iron and steel, silver, nickel, aluminum, and tin.
In recent years silicone kitchen utensils have been creating a buzz in the market.
Silicone is observed to have a wide variety of usage:
- As a sealant in construction work.
- One of the components in parchment paper is used to prevent baked food from sticking to the utensil.
- As a grease in plumbing.
- In various medical applications such as breast implants and catheters.
Why are silicone utensils better? How are they different from others? Will it be safe to use silicone utensils?
This blog will tell you all you need to know about silicone utensils. There's another bonus kitchen utensil other than the silicone utensil that we'll get to at the end.
How are silicone-based utensils different?
Silicone utensils are bright-colored utensils with some noticeable advantage over their metal, wooden, or iron counterparts.
These utensils have higher heat resistance.
Their heat-resisting property makes them handy, mainly when used as whiskers or turners at high temperatures. You can use these utensils without worrying about melting them.
They are stain-resistant
Owing to their non-porous nature, these utensils do not retain stains or odor. This also makes cleaning silicone products easier to clean.
They don't damage non-stick pans.
They are user-friendly when used on a non-stick pan as they have a texture similar to rubber. It doesn't scratch or damage your cooking pots and pans.
These utensils are resistant to corrosion.
Silicone in cooking is very safe as it is inert; it does not surpass any food material, unlike other metals, which tend to rust when exposed to acids.
In general, Silicone kitchen utensils are considered to be safe for cooking. But, we have another material that is equally affordable and gives your kitchen a gorgeous appeal. They are ceramic kitchen utensils.
Ceramic kitchen utensils that steal the show
Ceramic-based utensils are also the perfect addition to modern kitchens. We offer a range of ceramic kitchen utensils.
But are they worth the buy? Indeed they are with the following benefits for your kitchen and cookware.
- Ceramic materials are as good as non-stick pans making cooking methods easier.
- They are beautifully designed with elegant patterns.
- They are heat-resistant and transfer heat evenly and efficiently, using less fuel and energy to cook the food.
- They are lightweight and easy to clean, bringing out the perfect finishing touch of their make and look. They are toxic-free, devoid of chemicals like lead, PFOA, PTFE, Cadmium, PFAS, any synthetic coating, or heavy metals.
Visit our kitchen utensils website to check our products online.